Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Temple of Curitiba

While we were in Curitiba we had to go and visit the new temple there.


An awesome view from the temple missionaries' apartment with the lights on!


Me in front of the temple before we went in to do some work and check out all the beauty inside. For anyone who saw the slide show of temple pictures before the dedication of the Gila Valley temple, it showed many shots of this temple ... so naturally I was thinking to myself, "I've been there."


This city is unique for the trees it has. There are lots of different types of pine trees and personally I like this one the most. It's kind of like an umbrella with a straight trunk and the branches stretch out sideways with poofs of pine needles on the ends.

There was also a nativity set there even though it was January, just so we could see it when we went.


This is just an idea to realize how big these trees get. And to really prove I was there, HA!


Of course I wasn't going alone ... I had to have my beautiful wife there with me. And if you are wondering, yes I picked a tie that would match with her dress.


Gabi put these two pictures of her with each parent. You can tell what she gets from each of them. She has a kind and gentle look with her mom, but with her dad is totally a fun person. The cool thing is though, that she managed to curve her foot almost the same in both pictures!


The guys. Tiago in the middle is from there and helped with the construction of the temple and still works there to maintain the temple, so we got a little tour as a bonus.

No comments: